Thursday, January 10, 2013


 I have a book which is part scrapbook and part sketch book, a book for this and that.
I use it just to play around in. To practice sketching in. To glue bits and bobs into..



I used to pull it out mainly at night, or any other time when the kids weren't around.


But I'm trying to make a point of doing things in it when the kids are around, getting them to get their own books out and have a bit of a dabble.

Most of these pages aren't finished, some have been added to since I took these pictures just a few days ago.








Some of them I'm not that happy with.





Some pages I've walked away from. I'm not sure if I'll go back to some of them.
I got very frustrated
 with this one below. Couldn't get the arms happening and I lost count of how many times I did her face over before leaving her without any face at all.






This one progressed and still awaits some watercolour.


But I want to teach Ruby and Clary that it just doesn't matter if the things we do don't always turn out the way we want them to.
Sometimes they'll turn out better, and sometimes you have to learn to make peace with the way they are and move on. 
Turn the page.
You can come back to it later.
Or not.



(this post would have made it to you earlier but I have been having no end of browser problems, using Chrome now which seems to be better)

No comments: