Sunday, December 23, 2012

So I saw this wonderful macarons on Pinterest a while ago, the filling decorated
 with crushed candy canes. They were so pretty. Well.............either my candy canes
were just too cheap and nasty or I just have no skills in the art of crushing them.
 Ugh.
My macarons just looked like they have a mouthful of smashed up hill-billy teeth.
 
 
 
As you can see I gave up on the second one and just rolled the rest in sprinkles.
I don't think they're going to taste fantastic but I still think
 they'll look the part OK for Christmas.

 
 Mini hamburgers, as Clary calls them (he loves).


I have packaged them in egg cartons for travelling tomorrow.
I have another packaging-food-for-travelling dilemma in the gingerbread-man ice-cream sandwiches.
They're heading into a super-chilled esky for a 60km journey in the heat tomorrow. I've wrapped them individually in a layer of baking paper and outside layer of foil.
I'll let you know how that pans out, hopefully it won't end in tears :(


Below is the Christmas  lampshade I've made to hang above the table on
 the verandah
where we will have our Christmas lunch. This was super hard to photograph
 (yes, I know I deserve bad photos for using my phone but time is precious right now. I hope to get to know my real camera again in the new year),
 but I wanted to show you anyway. There are two white doves and a few hanging candy canes.
 

I'm convinced it looks much better in real life.
 
We are heading off to my Mums' tomorrow to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day with her.
If I don't post tomorrow, Merry Christmas everyone.
If you stop by and read my blog do leave a comment for me, I'd love to know what you're all up to.

No comments: