Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dolly

So I had planned to blog a little more of the past couple of weeks, but I didn't. I've just been enjoying the holidays. Although we haven't done most of the things I originally had planned, we've still kept ourselves busy. There are only two more days until school goes back, we're heading to the movies tomorrow, and will be doing things at home on Monday. The weather has been pretty chilly so I have had to improve my fire starting skills in order to keep us from freezing. Anyway, on with this post. About dolls. Paper dolls actually, which I'll get to in a minute. I am a doll person. Ever since I was a little girl I have loved dolls. Even when I was about 12 and no other 12 year old girl was still playing with dolls..........I was.
Even now I still have a few stashed around me, inspiring me and keeping me company.
Like Strawberry Shortcake here. She's looking a little dishevelled here as I'd knocked her off the shelf just before I took this picture and didn't tidy her hair up ;)*all of these pictures taken with my  iphone hence the dodgy quality*
While I have a good appreciation for the quirky Blythe doll, my budget does not..............so I settle for one, ahem, Blythe for Littlest Pet Shop. She does me just fine :)

And lastly I have these ugliest-dolls-you-have-ever-seen-I-just-had-to-have-them. I got these a few years ago, I have no idea what possessed me to buy them but I really am quite fond of them.
Which kind of sort of brings me to this which was something I had planned for the holidays but we haven't done, so I will save it for the next holidays. Paper dolls. Like this one below which is from the Friends Around the World paper doll collection.
This is her 'Australian' outfit. I wonder if Bindi Irwin knows about this. Maybe Bindi copied HER?

These little ladies are the Gingham Girls, I love 'em.
I especially love their gorgeous outfits, very 'Anne of Green Gables' I think.

Betsy McCall, from the 50's and 60's.

And how could you NOT love these two below??

If you want to see more and download and print some for your  little ones (or yourself), I found all of these (plus more) here at Teri's Paper Doll scans.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am a dolly lover too. In fact I gave Lottie that same strawberry shortcake doll for her last birthday and she loved it.
Did you know you can get those betsy mcCall paperdolls as a free printable? I bookmarked them somewhere so let me know if you can't find them and I will hunt out the link. I think they will be a fabulous rainy day activity. I love betsy.