Thursday, April 14, 2011

Un-Fun Times

So just a word of caution which I am very sad to bring you following yesterdays post in which I was saying, in a nutshell, "I want to simplify my life so I can spend more time enjoying my family because they are so precious."
When you go to give your children some extra quality time and attention, choose your activities wisely or you might end up like us, spending the day at the hospital.

Yes. He has a broken arm. We were on the trampoline and had a bit of a collision. I landed on top of his arm.
We spent from 8.30 this morning until 3.30 this  afternoon in and out of the hospital (in and out because they were super busy and we had long waits between being seen).
I've always thought it pretty amazing that he hasn't had any broken bones before now. I've NEVER thought that if there was a broken bone incident that it would be because of me!!
He has just a backslab/splint on there and we have to wait now for an appointment at the Fracture Clinic at a hospital which is about two and a half hours away, for a full cast to be put on. Just crap.
He is being a real trooper but absolutely hates that splint and I don't know how it's going to go. Will have a cast on for four weeks :(
I feel so awful.
P.S. If your were utterly dismayed at my sad Easter Bonnet in yesterdays post I'll just let you know that I did add a couple of little paper pom poms to it and perk it up a little more.........I still have a little way to go with letting go on this stuff. Ruby wore it proudly and Clary proudly wore his old Akubra with some cheap shop chicks hot glue gunned to the brim.

1 comment:

jodyg said...

Oh Brenda, that is so sad. I can imagine how you feel, it's awful when you accidentally hurt your littlies. Try not to beat yourself up about it. {hugs} to you and Clary, I'm sure he appreciated you being on the tramp with him.