Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sushi



Are you familiar with these contraptions? I got this a couple of months ago and it's been pretty good so I thought I'd give it a little plug.

It's a Sushezi Sushi Maker, I got mine at Robins Kitchen. Basically it's just a device which you pop your sushi rice and filling into, compress, and then you push out it out straight onto your nori sheet.

Sounds like something you shouldn't need any kind of device to be able to do, doesn't it? Except I am exceptionally crap at making sushi rolls without it. Without it my sushi rolls are misshapen, deformed messes, barely resembling the shape of a roll at all.
But using this, much better.
I made these this afternoon, they're in the fridge ready for lunch tomorrow.


My sushi usually involves left over chicken (as above) or tinned tuna, with carrot, cucumber or avocado. Whatever is in the fridge, generally.
Therefore I will not be showing my kids the likes of this.

Not even sure what's in that, to be honest.

And while this is not sushi I have to share it with you because it is so stinkin' cute.




No comments: