Saturday, December 20, 2008

This and that

I thought I had blogger beat by uploading these pictures in the reverse order of how I wanted them but it's done a bit of a random shuffle on them so scroll down if you would like to look at the quilt which this little bear is on.
I found this quilt at the op shop a month or so ago. It appears to be quite old, it's definitely quite delicate, has a little torn bit on one part. But it was just so lovely I couldn't leave it behind. I mean, really, it was two dollars.
There are some yellow spots here and there on it, I think with a very gentle wash and a day in the sun they may come out. The lady in the shop said "Just soak it in some Nappy San" but I think it's a bit too delicate for that. Raggedly Ann and Raggedly Andy in perfectly simple stitched detail.

I love it. Although I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. It's far too fragile for the likes of my kids. And there's no such thing as 'display only' in this house. Things are either out for use or packed away where they can't be 'got at'. My kids don't respond very well to 'You can look but don't touch'

So I guess I better pack it away.

We peeled and sliced up a bucketload of apples today.

I haven't eaten a green apple in a long time but these were so sweet. Yum. Ruby and Clary couldn't get enough of them, that's Clarys' hand sneaking in there.
Hopefully we will be making apple pies tomorrow.
It will be a first for me, so I'll let you know how that one pans out.


Mum and Dad came over this morning and Mum took the kids to the park while I did some secret Christmas business.


Ruby pilfered these flowers from various gardens along the way for me.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

The photo of the flowers in the window is heartbreakingly beautiful. And I love the quilt too. Hang it up on the wall? High?