Saturday, March 29, 2008

At the risk of sounding like a bit of a Nanna

I, personally, am quite excited that high waisted pants are making a comeback. Although I think hipsters are very comfy I am sick to death of living in fear of flashing my butt whenever I bend over to pick Clary up, or whatever it is I'm doing. Trends are so funny, because once the hipster trend started, this was the only style you could find anywhere. PITA. And while it's going to take a while to get used to the whole high waisted look again, I think we should all celebrate the return of the high waist. No more muffin tops. No more random brickies' cracks (except from the brickies, painters and other tradies who wear this look so well).
And no more searching for those tops that were just long enough to meet up with our low waisted pants. See when they brought the low waist/hipster pants in they never changed the top half of the picture to match. Am I the only one who finds every top, shirt, whatever, just way too short??
Bring back the high waisted pants and this will be a thing of the past, I say.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about (although AS IF I would spend that much money on a pair of pants!!!)

No comments: